The Insurance Associate Program is designed for entry level candidates who want to pursue a career in the insurance brokerage business. Developed as a 6 month long immersive program, the candidate will spend time in each of the various departments becoming familiar with our general processes. Upon completion of the program, the successful candidate will have a good idea of what area of insurance he /she would like to further pursue.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication; organizational and time management skills; a strong customer service ethic; professional manner and office etiquette.
- The Insurance Associate will be assigned a Mentor who will guide them throughout the introductory period and beyond. The mentor will be a senior level Andreini employee. The mentor will be responsible for weekly meetings and follow ups with the associate and will also coordinate with the various Departments’ managers for ongoing projects and goals.
- The Insurance Associate will be given challenging assignments that provide hands on experience and will have access to professional activities in multiple departments within the Company. If applicable, the Company will pay for obtaining the appropriate CA Insurance License. The hands on learning will allow the Insurance Associate to discover the area he/she may wish to pursue as a career.
Each manager will personally take charge or assign the individuals in their team to provide one- on- one instruction detailing the various functions (e.g. loss analysis, certificate processing, EB underwriting, Wellness concepts, etc.) within their department.More than one individual on a team could be utilized so that different processes could be covered by the most pertinent, experienced individual. Each department head will give an overall description of their department and the various positions and what functions the positions provide.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent is preferred;
- Office Intern experience a plus.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands;
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills (both written and oral for both technical and non-technical people);
- Highly organized, effective negotiation skills;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Good attitude, motivated to learn and pick things up quickly on their own.